Thursday, July 7, 2022

Old New Move

 

 

As a huge fan of both Roy Wood and Jeff Lynne, you could imagine my surprise at receiving an email from a friend with the subject line, "Have you heard this? I hadn't," only to find a Wood/Lynne collaboration from 1989 titled "Me & You."

Apparently, the Brummies recorded two tracks together, the other titled "Get What You Want." If this is old news to you, why the hell didn't I get the memo?

I think both are terrific, in that very Roy Wood and Jeff Lynne way. I particular love the nod to the Beatles "Hold Me Tight" in "Me & You."

Thanks hpunch for the former, and cmealha for the latter.




6 comments:

M_Sharp said...

Wow! Two great songs, thanks! It's always good to hear Roy Wood. Excellent liner notes by The Plastic Tulips.

cmealha said...

It's always fun finding these unknown treasures. What's funny is that I thought I had gotten them from you. My bad for not telling you 13 years ago when I added them to my library. ;-(

hpunch said...

Thanks to cmealha!! The hpunch person sounds like a real tool

Allan Rosenberg said...

Wonderful. I wish they had done an entire album's worth of tracks.

Do you know where are these available to purchase?

Doctored Captain Al

Anonymous said...

2nd song sounds like a lost dave edmunds track?!

Mr. Baez said...

Just now hearing these after a two week vacation from the internet. Love these! I too wish there was an entire lp worth of tunes. "Get What You Want" would have fit perfectly on a Wilbury's album. Thanks for sharing, Sal.