Has it been a long time since you rocked and rolled? Has it been a long time since you did the stroll?
Back in 2011, all of you helped create a couple of Weekend Mixes by offering up one song along with the reason for choosing that song. Those "Group Hug" mixes went over quite well, and that gave me another idea.
This time, it's less work.
For the next five days, if you're up for it, leave a comment with the name of a song that you think rocks. Keep in mind, I want the songs to actually "rock" in the rock and roll sense, so avoid choosing anything mid-tempo or heaven forbid, even slower. I think The Walker Brothers' "rock" but they ain't rock and roll.
ONE RULE:
One song a day! That's it. Don't sneak in two or three or I won't publish it.
If you play all week, you'll have contributed five songs. All will be compiled and sequenced for future mixes.
Also, you don't need to explain your choice if it's easier just to leave the song title and artist. But you are welcome to say a few words, if you're feeling it.
The songs do not need to be your Top 5 rock and roll songs. Let's keep it loose and maybe we can create a few excellent playlists.
Here's my first entry:

36 comments:
Stones- Bitch
Easybeats - Good Times
Captain Al
Tom Petty Heartbreakers- I Need To Know
Cleveland Jeff
(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman (live) by The Kinks
Amphetamine- Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3
first song that sprang to mind - April Wine's "I Like to Rock"
Long Neck Goose Mitch Ryder
Paul Kelly- Darling it Hurts
The Blasters -- Marie Marie
Shaggy Dog by The Neanderthals
Rod Stewart Street Fighting Man
Zep's Trampled Under Foot. Any live version, especially.
Rory Gallagher Messin With the Kid from the Live in Europe lp
Redd Kross -- Stay Away From Downtown. It kicks all kinds of ass.
Sunflower Bean - I Was Home
dB's "Black and White"
ZZ Top - Balinese
Flat Foot Flewsy - NRBQ
Mr Bob Dylan—Tombstone Blues
Replacements-Anywhere Is Better Than Hear
Pay Bo Diddley-- Mike Henderson & The Bluebloods
Th' Dudes ... "Be Mine Tonight" A classic from NZ, unknown in this country. Great video..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks3R1gYEUAY&list=RDks3R1gYEUAY&start_radio=1
Get Out Of Denver - Bob Seger
Hey Bulldog by The Beatles
Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
Waiting For The Thunder - Blackberry Smoke
I'm going with Rock N'' Roll Lou Reed from either Rock and Roll Animal or my preference the Detroit version w Mitch Ryder
The Seahorses, "Love is the Law". The band John Squire formed after The Stone Roses broke up. Guitar is wicked, the driving dums will keep you bopping.
The Peppermint Kicks - Little Doll
Randy
Jail Guitar Doors - The Clash
Finch
Grand Funk Railroad - Queen Bee
Felipe.
Here goes -
"Why Does Love Have To Be So Sad"
Layla and Assorted Love Songs"
Scorching Guitar - Clapton, Allman
Gordon's back beat, Whitlock always
See No Evil - Television
- Paul in DK
Exile on Main Street - I'll submit 2
Rip this Joint - Bobby Keys blows the keys of his Sax - a drag race beginning to end
Happy, maybe one of Keith's best
Bastards of Young - Replacements
Lime Spiders-Slave Girl
Mike
Post a Comment