Preach, Otis!
Preach.
Damn, yes. I discovered this song on the "Big Ol' Box Of Soul" box set Rhino put out 25-30 years ago, the one that came in a "45s box" but was on CD. What a great box set, introduced me to so many songs like this.
Pretty sure the version on that box is the rerecord from 1972. Also, great.
This may be heretical to say, but Cheap Trick's Brontosaurus cover is a real disappointment.
It's definitely inferior to the Move, but I still dig it.
Post a Comment
4 comments:
Damn, yes. I discovered this song on the "Big Ol' Box Of Soul" box set Rhino put out 25-30 years ago, the one that came in a "45s box" but was on CD. What a great box set, introduced me to so many songs like this.
Pretty sure the version on that box is the rerecord from 1972. Also, great.
This may be heretical to say, but Cheap Trick's Brontosaurus cover is a real disappointment.
It's definitely inferior to the Move, but I still dig it.
Post a Comment