Thursday, October 8, 2026

Meet The Speedways

 


So after suggesting Cyanide Pills, the band, my friend Mike suggested another band he thought would be in my wheelhouse. Also from England, please meet The Speedways. 

These guys knocked me out. 

 


 

The band sounds like your favorite skinny tie/power pop band from the 70's, occasionally fronted by Tommy Keene. I listened to "Triple Platinum" first, a 2025 collection of songs compiled from their first five releases, with a few being rerecorded in 2023. Not a bad song to be found. Mike's favorite is their 2022 album "Talk Of The Town," which I will get to once I've had enough of "Triple Platinum."

 

 

12 comments:

kevin m said...

Looks like they have released a bunch of singles this year as well.

Shriner said...

Had no idea they weren't on your radar. They are great and firmly in my wheelhouse.

Anonymous said...

I've got their 2020 release, Radio Sounds - it's a great rockin' rekkid.

Randy

steve simels said...

Very good band — a reader turned me on a few years back.

Michael Giltz said...

Triple Platinum: I like the aspirational title! Will check out.

Guy Incognito said...

Thank you!!

JAYESSEMM said...

Great fun! I have a couple of their songs in my library and would have assumed they came from your suggestion Sal. Great minds ...!

Anonymous said...

Very tasty. Thanks. I have just ordered a copy.

Mr. Baez said...

This is great stuff. Thanks for introducing me to this band.

Whattawino said...

The Speedways are ruling my airwaves, thanks to you! And Mike, of course.

Rob said...

Loved the 2 girls dancing with the Shrags tee shirts - an indie punk band.
Noted a bit of Elvis Costello in the singing.
Good band

Michael Giltz said...

This was terrific from top to bottom. All killer, no filler as my favorite deejay says.