Sunday, September 13, 2026

Songs Of The Week, 2026: 9/5-9/11

 


You Got The Love- Rufus
No Religion- Van Morrison
Life Is Good- Los Lobos
You're Doing It With Her- Rhetta Hughes
Life Is A Rollercoaster- New Radicals
Dead Finks Don't Talk- Eno
Submission - Sex Pistols

 

 

A few notes:

Chaka Khan has a new album ready to drop, as the kids say. It's called "Chakzilla" and I can't decide if I love or hate that title. I know I love "You Got The Love," a song with a pocket so deep, you'll need a miner's helmet to get out.

"No Religion" is my favorite song off of an okay Van album, "Days Like This."

I've seen the Rhetta Hughes track listed as "You're Doing With Her (What You Should Be Doing With Me)" and "You're Doing It With Her." I like the latter and I dig the track.

Thanks to cmealha who found yet another New Radicals track. This one is actually a Gregg Alexander demo written for the aborted second album, but then Ronan Keating took it to #1 in Ireland.

Enjoy.

It's HERE 

 

2 comments:

  1. Rhetta Hughes was new to me. The entire Re-Light My Fire album was very good.

    Days Like This has a few keepers but not enough to merit many spins. Better to make a playlist with those and some from similar albums (Avalon Sunset, How Long Has This Been Going On).

    - Paul in DK

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ronan Keating plot twist made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete