Thursday, January 1, 2009

And Thus It Begins

Let's do it right this time.

Happy New Year


FD13NYC said...

Hey Sal, Happy New Year!! I've decided for the new year to sign in as me. Great Elvis live stuff, it's a terrific set. What is that Beatles Purple Chick Editions all about you're listening to? Is it good? I have a lot of different takes and outakes by them. Let me know. Maybe you could send me a CD or a zip of it.

Anyway, 2009, on with the show. Frank

Kevin said...

Nice photo!
Here are a few discs I liked from '08:
Magic Christian "Evolver"
Hacienda Brothers "Arizona Motel"
BB King "One Kind Favor"
Reckless Kelly "Bulletproof"
David Egan (h/t to you)
MIA: The Gene Taylor live disc promised in November. Check out the couple of live cuts at Yeproc.
I agree with everything you've written about Irma Thomas. I hope she tries a guitar album, like the stuff she did with Corey Harris on After the Rain.