Friday, February 20, 2009

"FOR SNOOKS:- The Weekend Mix







Some of my earliest New Orleans memories have Snooks Eaglin in the starring role. I mean, everyone knew the Neville Brothers and Al Hirt. And Pete Fountain was a guest of Johnny Carson's almost as much as Charlie Callas. But to see Snooks Eaglin perform, especially on those rare occasions in NYC, was beyond special. Snooks Eaglin was real New Orleans. He brought the warmth and charm with him, and I am sure he took some back home. Snooks Eaglin will be missed.

This mix is "For Snooks."

TRACKLIST


Walk Don't Run (Live at Tramps, 1993)
C.C. Rider
Teasin' You
Profidia
The Chokin' Kind
Sleepwalk
Young Boy Blues
My Love Is Strong
I Get The Blues When It Rains
I Done Got Over It
By The Water



ZIPFILE



"Y'ALL ALRIGHT?!"


Snooks Eaglin
January 21, 1936 - February 18, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tribute. I've loved Snooks' music since the first Black Top release, and I always loved "A Certain Door" from that.

shadreck said...

Thanks for Snooks. Great.