Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fountains Of Posies





I think my head came pretty close to exploding when I found this video on YouTube. I remember using this exact scenario as a way of getting out of some horrible plans one evening.

"I wouldn't go to that party if The Posies and Fountains Of Wayne promised to play Billy Joel & Journey covers all night!"

If you're a power pop fan, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Well, here it is....sort of...courtesy of Michelle Auer.

Video also includes a great version of the FOW's "Hackensack" by the great Jon Auer. It is raw, but more than watchable

In honor of the Fountains Of Wayne performance that I will be attending at Joe's Pub this evening, I wanted to post something...anything. I found this. There's some strange editing here, but it works.

1 comment:

soundsource said...

thank you mr b. wood