Monday, May 11, 2009

Wicked Version Of "Wicked Messenger"


Some time last year while I was scouring the interweb for some new legal music that I was hoping to pay for, I came across a link (it's gone) for something called "Bob Dylan : Live Series." Some demented philanthropist had collected what he claimed was the best live version of every song Dylan has ever played in concert, pieced them together in sequence, and created live versions of Dylan's studio discography, less of course the tunes he had never played live. (Yes, he played "The Boxer" from "Self Portrait." Who knew?)

I was able to download plenty, but not all. Sound quality varied, as I believe this generous soul chose performance over audio in some cases, or most likely, whatever he had in his collection.

What I offer you this Monday morning could very well BE the best live version of "Wicked Messenger." This baby rocks! And Zimmy sounds like a man possessed. No other info was given, but I am guessing this was from 2002. (Mr. Levy, what say you?)

Enjoy.

ZIP FILE

1 comment:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

From Eli he did come ... thanks so much, Sal; this is freaking wonderful. The word from Mojo is his current tour is kicking ass as well.