Monday, June 1, 2009

Don't Get Your Sideburns In An Uproar, It's Smashmark On Indie Rock




I am listening to the new Grizzly Bear and it's truly phenomenal. I haven't heard a record like this since the Bon Iver record from last year. This beats every record by a band with "Deer" in it, including Deerhunter, and also all bands with "rabbit."

I'll be listening to this non-stop, or at least until the Pitchfork festival later this summer.

I was actually going to go to the Bell House to see Tortoise last night, but instead stayed in and listened to the Grizzly Bear.

While Grizzly Bear is no Decemberists, it really is incredible.

Okay, I'm going to read about the big Wavves controversy and pray for a Vivian Girls reunion.

God, I hope I get Andrew Bird tickets for Radio city!

I love indie rock!!


Bravo, Mark!

No comments: