Friday, June 19, 2009

Get Your Kicks, With The Weekend Pics






Heard ya missed me. Well, I'm back.

I spent the last week in Santa Fe, eating Green Chile Hamburgers, drinking Green Chile Beer, brushing my teeth with Green Chile toothpaste, sleeping on Green Chile sheets, and washing with Green Chile soap.

I did my manage to get "carded" at Brickyard Pizza on Route 66 in Albuquerque by a 23 year old waitress and her 33 year old manager, when I asked for a beer with my meal. Of course, I left all my ID back at the house. They eventually agreed I was of age and brought my beverage. When we headed to the parking lot, we found said waitress and manager sitting on the hood of our car, taking bong hits.

BURNING WOOD will begin its regularly scheduled programming on Monday, including a review of one of the best concerts I have seen in a very long time. Thank you all for not abandoning me.

Sorry no music for this "WEEKEND MIX." With no internet service where I was a guest, I just couldn't prepare.

Have a great weekend. See ya Monday.














5 comments:

itsok2beright said...

Well, did you ask for a hit from their bong? That SW stuff is pretty good...umm, I mean, somebody told me that.

The Phantom Creep said...

Welcome back!!!!

Meanstreets said...

Sal,
Welcome to my favorite part of the country.....the right wing Southwest.....
The folks there are extremely nice, don't you think ?

PS new Ray Wylie Hubbard CD due in the Fall.........

Meanstreets said...

I got you covered Burning Wood.....

What I am listening to :

Elvis Costello - Secret, Profane & Sugarcane
Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women
Gram Parsons - Complete Reprise Sessions
Man of Someody's Dreams - Tribute to Chris Gaffney
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Weld
Diana Jones - Better Times Will Come
Rodney Crowell - Sex & Gasoline
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones

Buddy Miller - Universal House of Prayer

charlie c. said...

Great pics brother Sal! Glad you are back to posting -- don't know what you got ‘til it’s gone, they paved paradise and put up a green chile stand. Where was your ID, next to the Friday Jazz Fest tickets?!?
Can I ask about the urinal maintenance deal here (professional curiosity) or do I gotta do another word verification Sudoku deal again?!? Salon wants me to follow up on my waterless urinal expose’ anyways . . .