Monday, July 27, 2009

Neil, Roddy, & Graham : In The Round




As I continue the major sweep and subsequent sale of my precious and not so few CDs, I am still discovering little gems that somehow got lost over years and years of collecting. This weekend's find is a show dated 10/14/98, from Club Subterrania in London.

Three of my favorite songwriters, Neil Finn (Split Enz, Crowded House), Roddy Frame (Aztec Camera), and Graham Gouldman (10cc) convened for a rare club appearance that would be filmed for the BBC series "In The Round," where each performer would share songwriting tales and help out the others with some tentative guitar playing and harmony vocals.

Gouldman has written many classics for many others, such as The Hollies, Herman's Hermits, The Yardbirds, Sonny & Cher and Jeff Beck, and this set includes the guys having fun with some of those hits---Heart Full Of Soul, Bus Stop & For Your Love--as well as their own---Killermont Street, Don't Dream It's Over, Fall At Your Feet & Oblivious.

Enjoy the video for "Oblivious," while you download a small ZIP FILE that features one song from each.

Click > OBLIVIOUS, I'M NOT IN LOVE, & WEATHER WITH YOU

8 comments:

steve simels said...

Wow -- thanks for this. Graham Gouldman absolutely rules, in my book!

Anonymous said...

You sound like you must have over a million cd's from the wealth of musical knowledge on you blog.

Sal Nunziato said...

Well, not a million, but lots and lots. It's now down to about half of what I had last year, but it's still lots.

Ken D said...

Where are they all going? Are there discs you might make available to your readers?

Anonymous said...

I'll buy some of your collection ,if you're selling your stuff.

Sal Nunziato said...

You should contact me or me you, via email.

Redwinzer said...

Hi,

Sorry just wondering if you still have this file? Tried the link and it no longer worked.

Trying to find the best audio quality from this concert.

Many thanks,
Red

Sal Nunziato said...

I am sorry Red, almost all files from before 2018 were lost when the servers were changed. I wish I can help.