Monday, August 10, 2009

Burning Wood Is Asking For Help



In just a few weeks, Burning Wood will celebrate its one year anniversary.

When I decided to start this blog, my hope was to get the intense music lover excited again. Now that the Mom and Pop record store has gone the way of the hula hoop, where can a person go to express his passion about Neil Young, new music, New Orleans, and New Wave? The comments section, of course!

I wanted Burning Wood to be informative, occasionally controversial, and always entertaining; a place where people who live for the moments they can debate over their musical loves and hates could do so freely. I wanted Burning Wood to be for everyone, not just me. Recently, I was told to do something I didn't want to do to a body part I cherish. I could have just deleted the whole conversation, but I didn't. As I said, Burning Wood is for everyone, even those who don't like me, my musical tastes and my opinions.

I have seen readership go from the tens to the hundreds and that is wonderful. But this year, I want to see readership go from the hundreds to the thousands. I thank all of you for your continued support and hope you spread the word. (just keep the "body part" story to yourself)

There is one more obstacle, though.

Also celebrating, or more accurately, closing out its one year anniversary, is my membership to the website that hosts all the music files that I upload for your listening pleasure. Now there are plenty of sites who offer their hosting and storage services for free, but along with that free service comes more complications: time consuming downloads with passwords, less space for me (and you), and more annoying pop-ups for massage therapy and Zoloft. I have listened to many of you who are still afraid to download music, or who simply can't be bothered with the inconveniences of the free sites. By paying for space, your tunes, including the CD length "Weekend Mixes" are one click away.

So it is with great humility that I ask this, if you'd like all the music that is posted- the rare live concerts, unreleased tracks by your favorite artists, old rare vinyl, etc.--to continue, free of charge with no loop holes (except this one), and you feel like showing your appreciation, click on the Burning Wood Fund Donation button and show your support. No money is made from Burning Wood. It is a labor of love that I hope to continue. I just need some help. No amount is too small. And anyone who donates will receive a special CD from me, as long as you include your address.

Thank for you reading an thank you for coming back, day after day.

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Sorry Sal, A pledge is all I can offer at the momnent. I just checked my PayPal account and there's less than a pound in there... Will get selling on eBay and send something as soon as it looks a bit healthier. But thanks for everything you do, Burning Wood is a daily visit for me now, the best music blog I've found.
Cheers!!

Mr Crosson said...

Just a small amount in the tip jar. Thanks for introducing me to all the music; I don't like all of it, but the stuff I like ends up on my most played list.