Saturday, September 19, 2009

Surprise Weekend Quiz UPDATE: We Have Our Winners...sort of




Here are the 6 songs I was looking for:

YER BLUES
TOMORROW NEVER KNOWS
THE BALLAD OF JOHN & YOKO
THE INNER LIGHT
A DAY IN THE LIFE
FLYING

In Revolution #9, The Beatles say "Nine."

In "Love You To," George sings "I'll make love to you."

In "For You Blue," George sings "for, you, and blue," albeit not in that order.

In, "One After 909," John & Paul sing "One After 909."

GENE L. & JEFF K. were the two who answered correctly.

DAVE L, JEFF W., JC, DAVE E., and ANONYMOUS win on a technicality.

ITSOKTOBERIGHT gets an incomplete.

CHRIS S. had a wrong answer, but what the hell?

The Jets won! Everybody gets a CD.

Get addresses to me.

Thanks for playing

----------------------------------

First 5 people to send the correct answers and their mailing address to me, will receive a special Beatles' Rarities CD compiled by yours truly.

Of the 226 commercially released Beatles' songs that appear on the new Stereo boxed set, name the 6, whose titles appear NOWHERE in the song?

GOOD LUCK, PAISANS.

5 comments:

jeff said...

the jets, the mets and me, all winners on the same day. amazin'

Mr Crosson said...

Just got the cd in the mail and am playing it now. Thanks so much for all the great music!

Bada Bing Crosby said...

Hey Sal! Thanks for the great music. I pride myself on having a fairly extensive collection of Beatle rarities and you've added to it quite nicely. Hopefully, you'll eventually make these tracks available on your blog, if only to give us more details about the wheres and whens. Thanks again!

Bada Bing Crosby said...

Another good question (basically because I don't really know the answer): Which predominantly McCartney- written Beatles songs has he never performed live?

(I'm guessing All Together Now, Your Mother Should Know, What You're Doing, Wild Honey are starters)

Sal Nunziato said...

Hey Bada,
I am pretty sure Macca did "Your Mother Should Know.' I bet this list is longer than you think.