Friday, April 23, 2010

"Eddie Bo-I Love To Rock & Roll" : THE WEEKEND MIX





We lost Eddie Bo a little over a year ago, and with today being the first day of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, I thought I'd do something a little different. I rarely post full albums here, but this 29 track collection of Eddie Bo's 50s and 60s sides is A) very out of print and B) too amazing not to share in its entirety.


1. Baby
2. So Glad
3. I'm So Tired
4. We Like Mambo
5. I'm Wise
6. Happy Tears
7. Please Forgive Me
8. I'll Be Satisfied
9. I Cry Oh
10. My Heart Was Meant For You
11. Tell Me Why
12. Hey, Bo
13. Dearest One
14. Too Much Of A Good Thing
15. Walk That Walk
16. My Dearest Darling
17. Oh, Oh
18. I'll Keep On Trying
19. I Love To Rock & Roll
20. Got To Know
21. Bless You, Darling
22. I Found A Little Girl
23. Hold Me
24. You're The Only One
25. You're With Me
26. Fare Thee Well
27. Let's Let It Roll
28. If I Had To Do It Over
29. Lover And A Friend

DIG IN

zip

5 comments:

Troy said...

Thanks Sal. I love listening to Eddie Bo. We have many great Jazzfest memories of him. I had picked up his last album "Saints, Let's Go Marching In" at a shop on Magazine Street when I was in NOLA for a mission trip a couple of years ago. It is just a fun listen. I can't wait for this one. Sorry you're not at JF today, and I'm sorry I'm not there either. Hope you still manage to have a good weekend anyway.

People Are Leaving said...

Thanks for posting this Sal. I'll look forward to digging deep on this a bit later.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you rock!!! This is fucking great!!! I don't know how to thank you, you've giving me so many years of enjoyment from your recommendations.
Sal Nunziato- Rock god!!!
They should put your head on Mount Rushmore!!!


Jorge Trabago

Kevin said...

In case you don't know, there's a new Lil' Band of Gold album. So far it's Aussie only.
Here's some tunes:
http://www.myspace.com/lilbandogold
Steve Riley singing ELO is worth the price of admission alone.
Here's where to order:
http://www.ccadcockswamprocker.com/
Not affiliated with them; just returning a new music favor.

Sal Nunziato said...

Thanks Kevin. Appreicate it. Love LBOG. I had requested a copy from the label. I had wanted to do a feature on the band for the Huffington Post. They seemed happy, but still no CD.
Just ordered from LMF.