Monday, October 1, 2012

Senses Working Overtime



It's hard to explain just how much pleasure this photo has given me in the last 24 hours.

I have this fantasy playing in my head that once Andy Partridge finished gushing over Brian's career, Brian gave back with some of his own celebratory comments about "Oranges & Lemons."

Is it at all possible that conversation took place? Please don't tell me no.

I didn't think too hard about this, but the tunes that came immediately to mind are as follows:























Please feel free to add to the Beach Boys/XTC connection.


Then, if you have a few more minutes, hop on over to Burning Love?. This week, my choice for most disappointing favorite artist.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sal, there's a typo in the link to your Burning Love blog.

Sal Nunziato said...

Thanks ANON. It's been fixed.

buzzbabyjesus said...

They were probably talking about the irony in Mike Love's last name.

wardo said...

I heard "Season Cycle" for the first time in a long time the other day. That's a Beach Boys homage fer sure.

ASH On The Beat said...

Sorry to shatter everything Sal.

He did get to watch the show side stage, but he was wheeled in had a photo taken and wheeled out.

Brian had no idea who he was and Andy didn't expect or want him to.

steves said...

Gee...thanks, ASH.

You big party pooper. ;)

A guy called Tak said...

Andy respects Mr. Wilson - that's enough for me.
But I still wish Brian will work with people like Andy, Todd and Lindsey, not those people around him.

A walk in the woods said...

Would love to see a collaboration between those guys. I'm really more of an XTC fan though, so I'd want to see Andy even take the lead a bit - sort of like when Elvis C and McCartney hooked up.

Albert said...

One only need look in Brian's eyes in this photo and see the thought balloon over his head:"Gosh I could go for some sourdough pretzels.."...man's shot...emotionally,mentally, you name it...thank God for Mylar tape......great pic though....

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I agree, this would be an amazing combo if they ever worked together. Too bad they didn't meet about 25-30 yrs ago!