Friday, February 22, 2013

"Late Winter Pop" : THE WEEKEND MIX



This all started because I felt like hearing "Doing It The Wrong Way" by The Candy Butchers. Then, things got out of hand.

Give it a try. I swear, it sounds good all together.


TRACKLIST

Day's Dawning- Peter Frampton
Guitars & Women- Rick Derringer
Obsession Of The Heart- The Raisins
Doing It The Wrong Way- Mike Viola & The Candy Butchers
Never Going Back- Lovin' Spoonful
I'm Looking Through You- The Posies
Guessing Games- Hall & Oates
Cold Feet- Liam Finn
Stuff & Nonsense- Split Enz
Somebody To Love- Dwight Twilley
Star- Stealers Wheel
Silly Thing- Sex Pistols
Just Like Me- Holly Beth Vincent
Foxy Foxy- Mott The Hoople
Imagine The Swan- The Zombies

zip

12 comments:

Jeff Matthews said...

We're in the middle of a winter storm today. Excellent pop candy to remedy.

J. Loslo said...

Okay, I'm going to show my ignorance here. I've never listened to The Sex Pistols, and I wasn't expecting anything they did to sound so, well, musical. I thought they just banged on their instruments and screamed. Have I been missing out on something?

Sal Nunziato said...

@J. Loslo

That track happens to be Steve Jones on vocals, so he tries harder than Johnny or Sid. But aside from that, "Never Mind The Bollocks" is a classic and worth a spin.

A walk in the woods said...

Wow, the titles alone make this look very intriguing -- the Sex Pistols doing Silly Thing: that can't be the Graham Parker tune is it? Actually that would make a lotta sense...

I'll know this evening once I download. Thanks as always for the mixes Sal.

stivseed said...

Sal,you`re speaking my language here, thank you!

buzzbabyjesus said...

Ditto On "Nevermind the Bollocks". It has aged rather well.
Here is a personal favorite, originally the "b" side of "God Save The Queen".
Feel free to download.

http://alanwalkerart.com/audio/did_you_no_wrong.mp3

ASH On The Beat said...

Nice Work. Carry On.

We've not had any Radiohead for a while etc etc.

dogbreath said...

Many thanks for yet another fine mix sure to warm the cockles over this coming wintry weekend. Especially like finishing the mix with The Zombies' "Swan", an oft overlooked little gem which has always had a place in my heart, cockles and all. (Is it ok to keep saying cockles? - ed).Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mr Sal

The Sex Pistols were always fun to listen to, crap playing and some dodgy singing but they were different. I enjoy creative chaos.

regards


Rhod

bglobe313 said...

I recognize all of the performers, but less than half of the tracks come to mind. Very much looking forward to hearing this!

Ace K.

Ken J Xenozar said...

Love me some Mike Viola. I assume you have recent his recent output (Lurch, Electro De Perfecto). Top notch stuff

Bookmonkey said...

Never Going Back is one of my all time favourite Lovin' Spoonful tunes...just a great song...