Wednesday, May 1, 2013

She and Him Update

Having listened (voluntarily) to the new She and Him several more times, I can now report that to write that it "kind of stinks" even in the context of the duo's previous efforts, really isn't accurate or fair. It's not the best in the series but neither does it stink. I wouldn't even say there's a slight odor. Unlike the others, it does though need a few listens to take. Part of the problem, it seems to me, is that there is just more production on this album. I'm not sure it does the songs justice. Still, to me, the most important indicator is that I keep taking it off the pile to give it a listen. Yes, the oldies are the best thing on it (never a good indication) but I'm definitely enjoying it.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Street Date" means the date a record is released (or "hits the street.")

She & Him is a vanity project that has all the creative spark of a prom band.

Come back Sal, all is forgiven.