Monday, December 23, 2013

Dylan. Linus. Lucy.




Dylan Maida used to sit on the counter at my shop when he was 8 years old and correct me when I gave out wrong information to customers about Emmylou Harris. He was an aspiring drummer back then, not to mention, his father's son when it came to knowing about music.

Years later, both he and musical tastes grew and his band Once Again impressed me enough for a post, which you can read HERE.

Years later, Dylan Maida is still at it. Impressing me, that is. Just in time, check out his solo take on the Vince Guaraldi classic, "Linus & Lucy."



7 comments:

A walk in the woods said...

Nice, bluesy version of this great song... including the cool breakdown a couple minutes in.

misospecial said...

Nice groove. That Guaraldi stuff sounds so good 40-plus years on, and this makes me want to hear more original treatments of the material. I suspect it has great bone structure and could be creatively tinkered with without losing its essential charm.

And hey, while I'm here, wishing you a peaceful stress-free Chrstmas, Sal, and thanks for all you do all year to make life a little better for us...

buzzbabyjesus said...

Nice right out of the gate.

FD13NYC said...

Have a nice Christmas to you and yours. You're still the best old friend.

Jim G said...

Fairly new to this blog and just wanted to wish you and everyone else who reads it a Merry Christmas. Thanks for all the music and insight.

P.S. I dug this laid back take on Linus and Lucy.

vanwoert said...

Merry Christmas Sal.

Bill said...

Lovely version!