Friday, February 21, 2014

Where Am I? Who Am I?



I will spare you the grueling details of my last few days, though activities did include night sweats (some during the day), alternating loops of coughing and sneezing, with some periods rivaling Side Three of "Tales From Topographic Oceans" for both length and pain, and an overall sense of 'KILL ME NOW, PLEASE!"

I woke up today, which is only worth mentioning because that means I was asleep. (No sleep during this particular flu.) I woke up today to find the above video in my in-box. (Thank you, BT.) At first I thought I was still hallucinating.

Regular programming will resume forthwith, or actually forthwith-ish. Until then, please allow me to get my bearings, as I am still walking around like a new born calf and please enjoy this totally unbelievable footage of The Who.

7 comments:

dogbreath said...

It's not a lot of consolation to hear that "there's a lot of it about" (but there is). My partner's had similar unpleasant symptoms, excluding The Who in glorious B&W, for two weeks. Anyway, may you return to good health pronto. Have a better weekend.

buzzbabyjesus said...

I felt like I had a guitar strapped on and Pete was teaching me the song so I could play rhythm guitar and then I was rehearsing with the band. A really nice window into the Who process during the early part of their peak. Kit Lambert and all.

A walk in the woods said...

Two words: Vitamin C. And, maybe, Whiskey Shot.

steve simels said...

Feel better ASAP, Sal.

Jeff in Denton TX said...

Hope you're getting better, Sal. I understand the point you're trying to make, but I actually LIKE "Tales From Topographic Oceans"---including the infamous Side Three despite, or perhaps because of, all of its pretentious noisy nonsense. The comment was still funny, though.

Sal Nunziato said...

Thanks everyone.

For the record Jeff, I too love Topographic Oceans. Just not Side Three.

And is no one blown away by The Who footage?

steves said...

"And is no one blown away by The Who footage?"

I was. AMAZING!

(Note to self: Must get a Harmony Sovereign.)

Hope you're feeling better soon, Sal!