Saturday, December 13, 2014

Songs Of The Weekend Year-End List Mix...or something



It's been a crazy couple of weeks, with a crazy couple of more ahead. I am sure you all know what I mean. This time of year can do a number on you if you're not careful.

I will do my best to keep you entertained as 2014 comes to a close, though I admit, these pages might get sloppy. Take today's mix, for example...

I was not prepared for a proper Weekend Mix, so what we have is a little of everything, kind of like a holiday Turducken.

Songs Of The Week with a few tunes that were ready for weekend mixing and a handful of tunes from my faves of the year.

Hope ya dig it!

TRACKLIST:

This Time It's For Real- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes
Weight Of The World- Ringo Starr
Angry- Paul McCartney
Sweet Navel Lightning- Tim Moore
Sweetheart Like You- Bob Dylan
Ghosts- Martin Briley
So Glad To See You Here- Paul McCartney & Wings
Beloved Infidel- Todd Rundgren
Down On My Knees- Bread
Places Far Away- NRBQ
Tchefunkta-Stanton Moore Trio
Dizzy Heights- Neil Finn
Everybody Sonetimes- Glenn Tilbrook
May My Heart Be Cast Into Stone- The Toys
One Life At A Time -Thompson
Cruel Annette- New Mendicants
Come Back Home- John Hiatt
Harvest Festival- XTC

ZIP

P.S. Don't overthink the picture.

5 comments:

soundsource said...

gee I thought the picture was a commentary on the state of policing in 2014 and a longing for the simpler time of Tootie and Muldoon and Car 54............or not

JAYESSEMM said...

Looks great -- Thanks Sal.

I won't overthink the artwork but the PS ...

rick said...

Is it okay if I overthink the picture? By the way, there's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights. . .

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Sal you are full of surprises

Car 54 have not seen nor heard of that for years

The mix is good as well

Regards

Rhod

dogbreath said...

The randomization of the mix has an effortless charm all of its own! As usual it introduces me to music I wouldn't get to hear otherwise, so cheers for that. Loving the Thompson Family which fits in with the Richard & Linda stuff I've been listening to of late.