Monday, June 27, 2016

Songs Of The Week, 2016: 6/11-6/24





I have been without a burner for two weeks, so apologies for the delay. Here are two weeks of Songs Of The Day.

Changes- Charles Bradley
It's All Over But The Smoke- Jules Shear & Ron Sexsmith
Groovin'- Ben E. King
Stranger To Himself- Traffic
Showdown-The Isley Bros.
A Midsummer's Night Scene- John's Children
Useless Begging- Todd Rundgren
I Knew- Bonnie Raitt
I'll Search the Sky- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Dream Life- Adrian Belew
Black Market Baby- Tom Waits
A Pair Of Brown Eyes- The Pogues
Allons Rock N Roll- Li'l Band O Gold
Streets Of Bakersfield- Dwight Yoakam & Buck Owens

zip

4 comments:

cmealha said...

Thanks. I was going through withdrawal

A walk in the woods said...

This looks like a good one. I love "Stranger To Himself" but only have it on vinyl - thanks for putting it in a mix that I can play on my iPod! (does anybody else still use iPods? I do, every day, all day.)

Troy said...

I still use my iPod every day, too. I actually bought a backup one (160 GB) for whenever my current one dies. Hopefully that won't be for a long time.

dogbreath said...

Only last night I was listening to Sandy Denny's "Stranger to Himself" and now this (unconnected) one from Traffic's excellent "John Barleycorn Must Die" album. Little coincidences like that keep me happy! Many thanks for the fortnight's worth of good tunes to keep me away from the latest breaking Brexit news on TV. Cheers!