Wednesday, March 7, 2018

EC/Roots/RSD



This year's Record Store Day releases were announced yesterday. All you cultists can take a look at the full list at the official Record Store Day page. I found more than a few nice pieces to look forward to, but for the love of Pete, try to contain your excitement.

One release that surprised me is an Elvis Costello/Roots cover of "Someone Else's Heart," the Squeeze track found on their "East Side Story" record. Unbeknownst to me, it was recorded two years prior to "Wise Up Ghost," the EC/Roots 2013 collaboration.  It will be a 7" released on the fab Yep Roc label. Or, you can just give it a spin right now. It's pretty okay! If this is old news, I apologize. It must have slipped by me in 2011.

2 comments:

Bill said...

It was news to the folks over at the EC discussion board too. I think it sounds pretty a-ok!

hpunch said...

This was completely new news to me. And welcome news at that