Friday, March 30, 2018

Weekend Mix/Magic Transistor Radio


It might be hard to believe, but I didn't have an idea for a mix until I got your comments. It wasn't part of a bigger plan. 


I tried to honor as many as possible, but took plenty of liberties. For instance, by including "Johnny B. Goode/Roadrunner" I managed to cover the Sex Pistols, Chuck Berry, and The Modern Lovers in one song. 
I worked with what's in my library, so I was up late last night ripping vinyl lp's.
I was looking for Stevie Wonder when I discovered I had "Tusk", and "Songs For Swingin' Lovers".
Who knew?

Better later than never.

BTW when I Googled "transistor radio" for images, the first one that came up, and the one I used happened to be exactly my very first radio, which I received in 1965. I can remember sitting in a tree and not being able to distinguish between "Safisfaction" and "You Really Got  Me". All I knew was I wanted more of that.

Have Fun!

-BBJ

Magic Transistor Radio

Magic Transistor radio, too

9 comments:

Dr Wu said...

A beautiful gesture, sir. Thank you

mauijim said...

thank you for the extra effort. and Tusk. Think I was only one suggesting it.

rick said...

"...turn it up,a little bit higher, turn it up, that's enough..."

Eric S. said...

I walk by the stop-n-shop
and then I drove by the stop-n-shop
and I like that much better than
walking by the stop-n-shop
'cause I had the radio on

fuckin' A. My life was save by rock'n'roll.

Trite but true.

A walk in the woods said...

Niiiice!! I'm sorry I didn't leave a comment about my top 10 albums through the years, but I will be happy to hear this result of all those who did!

dogbreath said...

Thanks for a very enjoyable mix. Very tasty. I've been Tusking and Sex Pistolling the last few days; guess it's all subliminal stuff. And thanks for bringing back memories of my first transistor radio as well (recently had to explain to a young person what a transistor is/was). Cheers!

JAYESSEMM said...

A fine mix!

Thanks BBJ

snakeboy said...

What a great selection. Thanks.

heartsofstone said...

Awesome mix - wherever the idea came from