Friday, June 22, 2018

Paul, Brian, Ray, Todd and Sometimes Zeppo: THE WEEKEND MIX




It's time for my semi-annual tribute to four of my musical heroes all celebrating birthdays this week.

Paul McCartney, born on June 18th.

Brian Wilson, born on June 20th.

Ray Davies, born on June 21st.

Todd Rundgren, born on June 22nd.

I've tried to mostly go deep with the mix and not repeat tracks from past mixes, but there's no guarantee I haven't doubled or even tripled up. As a matter of fact, I know one or two tracks are repeats from my lazy attempt at research. But, let's just say, I really love those particular tracks.

Happy Birthday Gents! You done good.

TRACKLIST

Don't Worry Baby (Backing Vocals)- The Beach Boys
Not Tonight- The New Cars (feat. Todd Rundgren)
So Like Candy (1988 demo)- Paul McCartney
Lysistrata- Utopia
Sweet Lady Genevieve- The Kinks
Mona- The Beach Boys
What It Is- Paul McCartney
The Warmth Of The Sun- The Beach Boys
God's Children- The Kinks
Helen Wheels- Paul McCartney
Too Much On My Mind- The Kinks
Weakness- Todd Rundgren
A Certain Softness- Paul McCartney
No More Looking Back- The Kinks
God Said- Todd Rundgren
Just Once In My Life- The Beach Boys

zip





11 comments:

heartsofstone said...

Thanks for the awesome mix. I did not realize how close the birthdays were. A great week for music.

Anonymous said...

Nice way to start the weekend, thanks Sal.

Randy

Shriner said...

I think you should add Howard Kaylan to the list next year. I'm happy (together) to share a birthday with a Turtle as well as a Nazz...

Sal Nunziato said...

Happy Birthday Shriner!

JAYESSEMM said...

This mix has such a nice vibe!

Thanks Sal and Happy Birthday to all!

Michael Giltz said...

All four still active (well, sort of w Wilson) and all often touring and Paul and Ray both have new albums due soon. I knew I made a mistake falling for Prefab Sprout and Chet Baker!

rick said...

Sir Paul did Carpool Karaoke last night with James Corden. They visited Liverpool together, and Paul did a set at a pub there. Well worth a look and a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ

FD13NYC said...

Nice mix as always.

A walk in the woods said...

Looking forward to hearing this!

buzzbabyjesus said...

It was Brian's Birthday in 1967 when Paul stopped by and chomped celery for "Vegatables".

dogbreath said...

Much to savour and enjoy. Many thanks for the mix. Cheers!