Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed- the all purpose word for when you don't do the shit you're supposed to do.

"Sorry, I haven't called in months. I've been overwhelmed."

"Sorry, I didn't tell you about that thing with all the things. I've been overwhelmed."

"Sorry, there hasn't been new content on Burning Wood. I've been overwhelmed."

I promise to get things back in order when I am only just slightly whelmed.

In the meantime, think about all you're thankful for. My list is coming soon.

10 comments:

Tinpot said...

Burning Wood and all the great contributors are high on my list of things I'm thankful for. So thanks, Sal.

Ken D said...

Relax, sir. Breathe. Find the couch. Listen to some more Beatles records.

Here's some substitute content if you'd like, from this month's Atlantic magazine:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/the-eternal-sunshine-of-paul-mccartney/570814/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwj_rfKepePeAhVOwFkKHZdYBKIQFggFMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&cx=011155507021793277500:q1wrtf3mvmu&usg=AOvVaw27G7uiAGMubcPwjEi0snem

cmealha said...

I'm underwhelmed

A walk in the woods said...

Thankful for the music!!

M_Sharp said...

Sounds familiar. I usually take a quick look and go back later to digest your posts, and other blogs & sites I like. Gotta change that.

RobS said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sal!

Anonymous said...

For you and cmealha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkN_qkN5JLQ

rick said...

Happy Thanksgiving, all. May you always feel gruntled and combobulated.

Anonymous said...

Hello all...no, please remain seated,

Happy Thanksgiving, dude. Tomorrow: meditate a little, watch some football, eat some turkey, fall asleep on the couch, help with the dishes. And a little tune-age wouldn’t hurt.

Regards,
RichD

GeorgeKramer said...

Do you know the Sloan song "Underwhelmed"? It's very good.

"I was underwhelmed if thats a word.
I think it is cos i looked it up."