Saturday, March 23, 2019

To Fans of "Songs Of The Week"



It appears that my external hard drive has called it a day. My limited tech skills have deduced that while it seems like it is burning a CD, once it has been finalized it really hasn't been finalized, so no music is being recognized.

"Norton, we're going bowling, but we're NOT going bowling."

What this means is, I cannot zip up the week's worth of Songs Of The Day until I replace the external HD, or get a new computer, and I think it is time for the latter. So until that day, which will be in the next couple of weeks, I am unable to create mixes of any kind, unless I throw all the songs in a folder, untagged, and no one likes that.

You will survive.

I will continue to post the Song Of The Day and file it with the rest. Then, if I am feeling wild and crazy, post zips of all after the new computer gets here.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

No worries, mate. This will give us time to catch up with all we've downloaded/discovered thanks to you (and BBJ)

Michael Giltz said...

I assume streamers like Spotify and Apple are too limiting in their selections to do a satisfying mix. But I've wondered if creating a playlist might be cheaper and easier for you (no zip files! no hosting!) or perhaps a decent creative outlet while your preferred option is down? Or maybe the break is welcome and I should just shut my damn self up! Yours in music, Michael

Squints said...

External hard drives are like t-shirts you like. Always buy two. One to backup the other.

heartsofstone said...

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for looking out for all of us.

A walk in the woods said...

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything is working well again soon!