Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Andwella's Dream: My Current Crush




Andwella's Dream, from Ireland. One terrific pop psych album in 1969. Then, they dropped "dream," and released one interesting prog record on Dunhill as simply Andwella. The latter is worth one pass. But the former is another wonderful surprise that has been sitting out there for 50 years. And thanks to the 2008, "cornucopia of British psychedelia" boxed set titled "Real Life Permanent Dreams," which has been sitting in my iPod for ages, "Felix" popped up on shuffle and caught my ears immediately. I dug deeper and now I am completely smitten with "Love & Poetry."

"Felix" is up top. A few more to sample below.















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anybody else heard the intro to Mother Nature's Son at about 28 seconds into The Days Grew Long?
C in California

Anonymous said...

I hear Procol, Beatles and Who. Props to whoever the producer was to capture them so fully formed.

buzzbabyjesus said...

I bought "Love And Poetry" at NYCD back in the day.

Sal Nunziato said...

Really BBJ? I did all the ordering and I don’t remember it at all.

FD13NYC said...

Great rediscovery Sal! Very nice and interesting stuff. I very vaguely remember them when John played it in Rockit Science on Carmine St. I'm delving deeper.

ken49 said...

And they just keep on coming one discovery after another in the seeming fertile field of psych rock. And I hope it doesn't stop. This seems to add a certain heaviness to the recipe.

buzzbabyjesus said...

Sal it was used or in the crates.