Friday, July 10, 2020

"M": The Weekend Mix



Manifesto- Roxy Music
Madison Time Pt. 1- Ray Bryant
My Whole World Ended- David Ruffin
Madness- Prince Buster
Maggie's Farm- Linda Gayle
Mickey Mouse Boarding House- Walter "Wolfman" Washington
Man Attack- The Revillos
Malibu- Hole
Mandocello- Cheap Trick
Mona Lisa- Moon Mullican
Man Comes Around- Johnny Cash
Man Of The Wolrd- Fleetwood Mac
Melancholia- The Who
Mr. Wilson- John Cale
Me & Magdalena (Version 2)- The Monkees
Mixed-Up, Shook-Up Girl- Patti & The Emblems
Mary- Robert Fripp
Matilda Mother- Pink Floyd
Metal Firecracker- Lucinda Williams
Mindless Child Of Motherhood- The Kinks
My Girl The Month Of May- Dion & The Belmonts
Mississippi- Bob Dylan
Moody's Mood For Love- King Pleasure

zip


And a new Elvis Costello song....

8 comments:

Honest Ed said...

Surely Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by the Crash Test Dummies should be there?!!!

Shriner said...

"Malibu" is a great song. The Hole album that it came from is a lot better than it deserved to be. I still go back to it every so often and it continues to impress.

JAYESSEMM said...

Another very nice mix Sal -- Thanks!

I talked about Hole just last night

and ...

For some reason that line of Lucinda's "We'd put on ZZ Top and turn em up real loud" always kicks me in my gut (in the best possible way)!

Oh man, this COVID is getting to me :-)

cmealha said...

Elvis Costello: I liked the new one better than “No Flag” but what struck me is how much energy both of the two cuts have. Harkens back to spirit of his stuff at the start. Not bad for a 65 year old. The production is quirky but it works for me.

M_Sharp said...

Another good one, thanks. Another good Elvis too, is that Tom Waits on background vocals?

dogbreath said...

A mighty mellifluous musical mélange for which many thanks. I have more than a few versions of "Maggie's Farm" knocking about, but not the one featured here - so that'll be interesting to compare and contrast. Nice one. Cheers!

Michael Giltz said...

Well of COURSE "Mississippi" by Bob Dylan! I love your tub-thumping for that awesome track. How's the new album sitting with you? Have I missed your run-down of Neil Young's lost 1975 gem "Homegrown?" Both are to me very solid.

Michael Giltz said...

Oh and hat tip for the awesome Wizard Of Oz still. "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!!"" Nice.