Thursday, March 28, 2024

Two For Thursday

 


It's always great news when John Cale releases new music. Cale has been one of my favorite artists for a half century now, and though his last record "Mercy" received mostly glowing reviews, I found it a bit too dense and demanding. But if the new single, as well as the title of his forthcoming album "Poptical Illusion" is any indication, come June, we may have a Cale classic.

If that wasn't enough to brighten what has been a pretty dark March over in my neck of the woods, there is a new interview with Jason Falkner in Guitar World. It's mostly gear-related, so you guitarists might get all hot and twitchy. I managed to stay awake until the last paragraph, and was thankfully rewarded with the news (I'll believe it when I see it) that there will be a new Jason Falkner album and tour this year.

 

4 comments:

Allan Rosenberg said...

Great song, great video!

Captain Al

Anonymous said...

John's (multi-traced) voice sounds wonderful on this new song. It has a bit of the feel of songs like Cordoba on Wrong Way Up. Definitely more accessible than Mercy.

SOTD The Yard Man and today's cover are tasty, too.

- Paul in DK

hpunch said...

That new Cale sounds splendid. Now I have another new album to look forward to,

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Mercy--it's a little tough to get through in one sitting. Love the sound of this new track.

Bill