Friday, July 5, 2024

"Flashback Friday": THE WEEKEND MIX


 

 

It's been ages since I was inspired to create one of those "not-as-random-as-it-seems" Weekend Mixes. Some credit must be given to that musical genius, the iPod. It will never cease to amaze me how, when it has a choice of 25,000 songs to play on shuffle, it consistently chooses brilliant triplets that I could have never dreamed of piecing together. I had some hand in expanding the mix, by adding a few of my own "genius" choices that I thought might entertain you.

Whether you know most of the songs or not, as always, the point is, it sounds good altogether!

TRACKLIST

Who Loves You- The Four Seasons
Cryin' Over Me- Dwight Twilley
There Is No Time- Lou Reed
Gimme My Money Back- Ernie Holland
Cooksferry Queen- Richard Thompson
Love At First Light- The Joe Jackson Band
Love Will Stone You- Emitt Rhodes
Oo You (Bass & Vocal)- Paul McCartney
Flamingo- Todd Rundgren
Two For One- The Skatalites
Fool #1- The Mavericks
It's Alright For You- The Police
Surrender- Chas Sandford
Call Me His- Ellie Greenwich
When I Was Part Of Your Picture- P.P. Arnold w/Paul Weller
X Offender- Blondie
Born To Run- Bruce Springsteen

zip


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a nice triplet I heard while out walking this morning:

The Shazam- Hooray For Me
Peter Gabriel - Kiss That Frog
El Michels Affair - Shaolin Brew

25K songs? How big is your Ipod? Though not full, I've only got 16K on a 160 GB.

Great mix!!

Randy

buzzbabyjesus said...

We grew up when radio was an iPod. This is what a Weekend Mix is all about.

Noel M said...

Nice! I have an 80GB iPod I play every day, and the number of songs I have on iTunes (some of which can fit on that iPod) is insane - I won't even mention.

Thanks for this mix.

BlueStaxBoy said...

It's always the stuff that you've not listened to for ages - that particular Joe Jackson album, stuff that evokes youthful memories - Who Loves You by The Four Seasons, and stuff that you've got but didn't know you'd got - that killer Ernie Holland track, with perfect New Orleans 50's to die for drums and horns from (in my collection) one of that multitude of fascinating Jay Miller produced collections. Great way to start the weekend. Thanks - your efforts are always appreciated.

Anonymous said...

that Emitt Rhodes/Paul McCartney pairing is so almost too on the nose.

Mr. Baez said...

This looks great! Thank you.

Bill said...

Cooksferry Queen=Richard Thompson at his best.

Anonymous said...

space that tracks take up depends on the bit rate/quality level selected when loading the ipod. rs