I had a folder of over 100 cover versions by Marshall Crenshaw, from a variety of sources going back to 1981, in varying degrees of audio quality. A few weeks ago I separated the wheat from the chaff and got the number down to 42. But still, more than half of the 42, were imperfect. I did manage to pull a dozen for a pretty enjoyable playlist and that's what is here for your unzipping pleasure.
If it goes over well, I'll squeeze out another 12.
TRACKLIST
Kick Out The Jams
Don't Forget Me
Danny Says
All Or Nothin' At All
Love You To
Whiskey Man
Rain On The Roof
Knowing Me, Knowing You
Silver Wings
Couldn't I Just Tell You
I Can See For Miles
Fire

10 comments:
Looking forward to seeing MC later this year at City Winery
Great collection, Sal.
Looks like a tasty mix. I’ve got a bunch of covers from Marshall that I found elsewhere. There are so many songs, but often poor bootleg versions.
- Paul in DK
Well, THAT looks like fun. 😎
In related comment about the cover of the day: "It's not dark YET/ But it's gettin' there." Sad but true.
Suh-weet!!
Randy
Great stuff! Thanks Sal.
Thank you so much! Just saw him in LA at a small venue a few months ago.Unfortunately, he was having a lot of problems with the sound mix and his monitor and it really threw him off. Only time I've seen him that he was subpar.
Thank you for your service. ;-)
Why is there a picture of k. d. lang on the cover?
Post a Comment