Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Expectations High For "Low Expectations"

 

    

 

From their 2015 E.P. "Australia," please listen in wonder to Richard & Linda's daughter Kami Thompson and her husband, guitarist extraordinaire and current Pretender James Walbourne doing business as The Rails, and their absolutely gorgeous cover of Edwyn Collins' "Low Expectations."

I'm sure I've shared this somewhere before, but I listened to "Australia" yesterday, a fantastic set of seven songs that all reading should dial up toot sweet, and the beauty of their voices together really got to me.

Edwyn Collins wrote a terrific song, but The Rails take it to another level.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the drugs or was this once an entry about a wizard named Todd?

Sal Nunziato said...

I don't know what you are talking about.

ThroatWarblerMangrove said...

Both songs: gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Lovely song and performance. Melody is cousin to Thirteen by Big Star.