Saturday, April 27, 2019

(the return of) Songs Of The Week, 2019: 4/20-4/26



I Feel Alright- Steve Earle
So Sad About Us (live)- Pete Townshend & Paul Weller
Don't Touch Me There- The Tubes
Cymbaline- Pink Floyd
Going Places- Paul Weller
Bo Bo Ska Didle Daddle- Wayne Walker
The Want Of A Nail- Todd Rundgren

zip

I Feel Alright- Steve Earle
It's been a week or more, so I don't remember why I chose this song. Not a bad opener, though.

So Sad About Us (live)- Pete Townshend & Paul Weller
Had no idea this existed until our friend Steve over at Power Pop posted it. It's a new fave.

Don't Touch Me There- The Tubes
Two nights of Todd Rundgren at Town Hall and The Tubes had come up a few times. Listened to "Young & Rich" and this great tune stood out.

Cymbaline- Pink Floyd
Forgot about this gem until I saw Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets perform it.

Going Places- Paul Weller
I guess I still had Weller on my mind after the live duet with Pete T.

Bo Bo Ska Diddle Daddle- Wayne Walker
Just recently discovered that this wasn't a Nick Lowe original. Hey, Lowe wrote "Shting-Shtang," so why not "Ska Diddle Daddle?"

The Want Of A Nail- Todd Rundgren
A fantastic finale at Town Hall last week. A brilliant song with a joyous video to go with it. Look it up.

5 comments:

Keith35 said...

Nick Mason played Cymbaline the 2nd night? Wow, would have loved to have heard it

Sal Nunziato said...

Keith35,
I stand corrected. He did NOT! I intended on putting "Childhood's End" on the mix and simply got my thoughts mixed up. You did not miss "Cymbaline."

JAYESSEMM said...

SOTW are back! Yeah Baby!

A walk in the woods said...

Back on it - yeah!

heartsofstone said...

Nice mix. I go back to the early Tubes music more than I would have predicted.