Thursday, February 13, 2020

Who's Acoustic



I want to thank my friend Cesca for the trio of e-mails that came while I was half-asleep on my couch last night. One of them included this fantastic footage from what was...what, a few hours before it was uploaded?...and woke me right the hell up. There is more to watch on YouTube, including a full first set filmed by someone a bit further back, but that footage is unnerving and I didn't have the patience. This is truly fab.  I could watch these guys acoustically all day.

10 comments:

Rob said...

Wonderful, just wonderful. Townshend's comments about Dylan reminded me of the time some years ago when I found myself sharing an elevator with Pete and I came out with some idiot remark along the lines of 'Well I never expected to be in an elevator with Pete Townshend'. Townshend looked me up and down and replied, 'Funny isn't it? I never fucking thought I'd be here with you either.' Great guy.

JAYESSEMM said...

Very nice!

Bill said...

Wow--that's a great clip. Could definitely watch 2 hours of a show like that.

Troy said...

Absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

RugbyLad said...

Thank you, i must confess i had to share your share. Cheers!!

cmealha said...

It does the heart good to see these guys still going strong. Roger sounds great. Loved it!

dogbreath said...

That's a bit of all right, innit? Cheers for that!

FD13NYC said...

I'd pay to see this!

Christine said...

I wish I had been in that room! Roger does sound great. Thank you, Sal, and thank you, Cesca. ;)

Francesca said...

You are very welcome, Sal; thanks for sharing in 'The Who' love. Christine let me know you mentioned me in your blog. Sweet. xo