Friday, June 5, 2020

"I": The Weekend Mix (Take 4)






TRACKLIST
It's All Over Now- Dr.John w/ the Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Into Miami- John Barry
I Hope You're Happy Now- Elvis Costello
I Ain't Got You- The Yardbirds
I'm Blue- The Ikettes
I Get Lifted- George McRae
It Only Costs A Dime- The Everly Brothers
Ironic Twist- Jimmie Vaughan
Inner Light- Junior Parker
I'm Your Breadmaker, Baby- Slim Harpo
I Can See For Miles- The Who
I Want You To Want Me- The Holmes Brothers
It's The Little Things- The Skeletons
I See The Rain- The Marmalade
I Can Love You- Badfinger
In The Land Of The Few- Love Sculpture
I Am Not Willing- Moby Grape
I Never Talk To Strangers- Tom Waits & Bette Midler
I Don't Want To Tie You Down- Todd Rundgren
It's Madness- Marvin Gaye
I Don't Wanna Know- Peter Wolf
I Walk In My Sleep- Berna-Dean
I'll Be Seeing You- James Booker

zip

And a new Elvis Costello song!

8 comments:

Daddykin said...

Hey, Sal...nice comp! And I like the new EC track...it seems to fit the mood of the nation (and the world, for that matter) at this moment. He's promising another new one in July too! Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing, and have as good a weekend as possible during these troubled times.

Daddykin

Bill said...

Both Costello songs slap, as they say.

Thanks for the mix!

JAYESSEMM said...

I dig the mix!

Stay cool.

Maxivan said...

Vientos huracanados! está muy buena esta selección de temas

Ken D said...

Love the Elvis C song. Wow, he sounds completely reenergized.
To my ears, that song would fit well on "Armed Forces."

dogbreath said...

Thanks for doing up the zip, very welcome. I was rooting for "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads with its chorus of "aye-yi-yi-yi-yi" but it didn't make the cut (See me later - Ed). And Declan's new one, recorded up in Finland of all places, is a bit of all right, isn't it. Cheers!

A walk in the woods said...

Love the new Elvis song! He's so rarely used electric guitars so front and center, it's bracing to hear.

Michael Giltz said...

I'm already worried about X. Will there be enough songs for the letter X? Will it be a compilation of the band X, a not unreasonable work-around? I'm X-cited to discover what you do!