Wednesday, November 11, 2020

"Clambake" or "Spinout?"

 

 
"Clambake" has the two Jerry Reed tracks, "Guitar Man" and "Big Boss Man," and also the brilliant title track, "Clambake!" But on "Spinout," Elvis covers Dylan's "Tomorrow Is A Long Time," as well as the slinky and groovy "Down In The Alley. Plus, there is of course, "Smorgasboard," with the immortal line, "I'll take the dish I please and please the dish I take." I think you need both, just for the covers and the hair.
 
 

 
 

 
 

 


3 comments:

Squints said...

The correct answer, Sal, is YES.

Shriner said...

Clambake's off beat finger snaps/hand-claps drive me up the wall!

But I've never been to a Clambake, personally (were/are those really a thing?, so maybe I wouldn't notice if I was drunk enough...

M_Sharp said...

It was hard to take Elvis seriously after watching his '60s movies- or part of them, I don't think I ever finished one, but the great music was always there to pull me back. Thank God for comps, or else I'd never have the best songs from the soundtracks.