Friday, November 26, 2021

Happy Friday

 

"People come up to me and ask, 'How could you break a guitar?' And some fool in The Bee Gees said, 'You wouldn't break a Stradivarius, would you?' The answer is 'Of course I wouldn't break a Stradivarius,' but a Gibson guitar that came off a production line--Fuck it! I can get a better one."

"We don't allow our instruments to stop us doing what we want...We smash our instruments, tear our clothes and wreck everything. The expense doesn't worry us because that would be something which would get between us and our music. If I stood on stage worrying about the price of a guitar then I'm not really playing music. I'm getting involved in material values. So I don't have a love affair with a guitar; I don't polish it after every performance; I play the fucking thing!"

-John Mayer Pete Townshend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Savage Young Who before we got to meet them here in the States!

All mystery and attitude.

Captain Al

JAYESSEMM said...

As John Hiatt would say ...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_diKw9F6t3U