Sunday, January 29, 2023

Songs Of The Week, 2023: 1/21-1/27

 


 

De Dia Y De Noche- Los Straitjackets
The Same Old Thing- The Olympics
Tallyman- Jeff Beck
Take Five- Willie Mitchell
Stanton Hits The Bottle- Stanton Moore
The Tiger Pounced- Binky Philips & The Planets
Piss- F.F.S

zip

De Dia Y De Noche- Los Straitjackets
From what I think is their best album, and quite frankly one of the most fun albums ever recorded, "Rock En Espanol," comencemos con un clasico de Kinks.

The Same Old Thing- The Olympics
It took years after hearing NRBQ's version of this track to find the original single by The Olympics. I love both versions.

Tallyman- Jeff Beck
I caught the first 45 minutes of my man Sal Maida's radio show "Spin Cycle" last week, and he reminded me during his Jeff Beck tribute about this great single, written by the legendary Graham Gouldman.

Take Five- Willie Mitchell
I received a text from an old friend with a link to this Brubeck cover from the great Memphis producer Willie Mitchell. This is hot!

Stanton Hits The Bottle- Stanton Moore
The new Galactic E.P. got me in the mood for this funky little gem.

The Tiger Pounced- Binky Philips & The Planets
From one of my favorite drummers to another, here is some fine ass rock and roll with my man Bobby Siems holding it all down on the kit.

Piss Off- F.F.S
If the shoe fits...



2 comments:

soundsource said...

not sure where this goes on the ol' blog but helluva version of See No Evil (which is a helluva song). Not aware of it so as always thanks.
P

Anonymous said...



Thanks Sal.

Finally got the 'downloads' to work.

Copied link to Microdoft Edge (I was on FireFox).

Keep the faith, Phil