Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Lemon Twigs: Three For Three

 

 
 
This is the new Lemon Twigs single. It is now the third track released from the forthcoming "Everything Harmony" album due in May and like the first two, it is a stunning piece of pop music.
 
From the sound of these three tracks, it seems that The Lemon Twigs, for better or worse, depending on your musical preferences, have grown up. It was bound to happen, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch. These new tracks, for the most part, are straightforward. And, for better or worse, depending on your musical preferences, they all have a bit of Todd Rundgren in them, someone the D'Addario kids admire. On this new track, "In My Head," the phrasing on the verses is pure Todd.
 
My fingers are crossed for the rest of "Everything Harmony" to be more of the same. I mean, it is called "Everything Harmony." 


6 comments:

vincentsear said...

born pop genius. they put out What We Know in 2015. it was great they were babies.

cmealha said...

I agree. The first 3 cuts from the album show that the kids are maturing nicely. All three songs are exceptional from a songwriting perspective. I hope they're not showing us all the good stuff up front. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Mr. Baez said...

My favorite song of the year so far. Fabulous!

Noel M said...

Hell YEAH! Also makes me wistful for new XTC, and this scratches that itch quite well. Excellent stuff, and thanks for sharing - this is the type of music that gets less than zero hype these days. I've put it on my list to watch for in early May.

buzzbabyjesus said...

I hear a lot of Ardent, and Big Star. I'm not complaining.

Marc said...

Love that Rickenbacker sound. This is really good.

Marc