Saturday, September 30, 2023

Business Trip

 


On Monday morning, I will be flying to Kingston Jamaica as a hired hand to work for three days with a record dealer, digging for ska and reggae gems in some legendary places. He's been asking me to join him on his quarterly trips since before the pandemic and the time has finally come. I can certainly use the work and the change of scenery. Normally, when I am away, I still moderate comments and keep the "Now Playing" blog going. But from 10/2-10/5, I will be on his dime, so Burning Wood, sidebars included, will be inactive until I get back.

When I return, I want to talk about the new Wilco record, which I love, the 50th anniversary of Gram Parsons death, thank you Ken D., and Elvis Costello’s recent live performances, among other things.

Our friend BBJ, who often guest hosts while I am gone, will also be away, though he did say he might get something up. There might be another surprise post from another friend, but if not, I will see you on Friday, 10/5.

There will be one more Songs Of The Week post tomorrow.


No comments: