Friday, October 20, 2023

"DARLIN'! DARLIN'!" : The Dwight Twilley Weekend Mix

 


Well, I certainly hadn't planned on this mix. 

I'm sure many of you know every track here.
Some of you of might know some of it.
I bet more than a few will recognize a few but only now will realize it was Dwight Twilley.
If you had no idea who Dwight Twilley was, please listen to these amazing songs packed with melody, harmony and cool.They are all faves of mine. 

I could have easily made this mix 25 tracks, but I think this will do the trick.

Thanks Dwight!

 


TRACKLIST
I'm Back Again
Little Bit of Love
Looking For The Magic
Three Persons
10,000 American Scuba Divers Dancing
You Were So Warm
Alone In My Room
I Think It's That Girl
Somebody To Love
That I Remember
Feeling In The Dark
Girls
I'm On Fire

zip

8 comments:

Beyes said...

Thanks! Bittersweet listen.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm clicking on 'ZIP' and nothing's happening. Is this at my end?
C in California

Sal Nunziato said...

@C In Calif

Seems to be on your end. All is working here, both internally and externally.

neal t said...

one of my. faves was not released @ time of recording is You Never Listen to my Music. great tune from a power pop god

JD said...

Thanks so much. I needed this today. Some of these passings, like this one, are like a punch in the gut.

JAYESSEMM said...

Sad news.

Great mix.

"Packed with melody, harmony and cool." Indeed!

Thanks Sal

pmac said...

In his prime, Tilley got little airpplay in NO, even with that great single, "I'm On Fire." The AM hit station (WTIX) playing it occassionally, which deemed it too safe and poppy to be played on the FM rock stations (WNOE and WRNO). And, nothing else ever made it on the air. Which is a damn shame, because the man wrote and recorded some great songs.
Many thanks for this wonderful comp, Sal and RIP Dwight.

Noel M said...

Thanks for this! I think of Dwight alongside two other solo white power poppers starting in the late 70s - Tommy Keene and Marshall Crenshaw. Of these, only Marshall remains, and sounding great.

Such a loss to have Twilley gone.