Thursday, February 22, 2024

XT Steve

Here is the second of five tracks from the upcoming Steve Conte album that were co-written with Andy Partridge.

I want to love this record, but neither this track or the first single, "Fourth Of July" have killed me. I am also thinking that I want to hear more Andy than Steve and I don't. And I am also thinking if Andy Partridge had nothing to do with either, I might be thinking, "First two Steve Conte tracks sound really good."

Hmmm....

"The Concrete Jungle" comes out on Record Store Day.


6 comments:

cmealha said...

The reason I was interested in this release was because of Andy Partridge's involvement. I don't hear any of Andy on either cut that has been released but II'm still interested in how the rest of it pans out.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, not hearing much Andy either. Maybe a little in the guitar rhythm, which has a touch of Peter Pumpkinhead in it. It's not a bad song--more rawk-y than I'd expect from Partridge.

Bill

Anonymous said...

While I don't hear Andy on either of the released tracks, I like them both. The guitars sound great and the lyrics are fine. The songs do lack Andy's usual weird touches, though, but that could be part of the plan.

- Paul in DK

Anonymous said...

Sal, I've been frustrated with Andy Partridge the last few years in the same manner as Jason Falkner, and I think you know what I mean by that.

Randy

hpunch said...

This is the first Andy Partridge project I dislike. I can't fathom how they ended up working together, and it sounds like they didn't work together at all.

FD13NYC said...

The song you posted is pretty good nonetheless.