Sunday, March 3, 2024

Songs Of The Week, 2024: 2/24-3/1


 

Soul Wandering- Paul Weller
Cold Boy Smile- The Black Crowes
Lion Head- The Clarendonians
Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya, Man!- Public Enemy
Deaf Ears- Todd Rundgren w/Trent Reznor
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow- Joe Walsh
Back To The Wall- Steve Earle

zip

Soul Wandering- Paul Weller
It took a few listens for it to stick, but I offically dig the new Weller single.

Cold Boy Smile- The Black Crowes

The boys were playing this live for some time before it was released on record. It's a beauty and can be found on the "Croweology" set.

Lion Head- The Clarendonians
There are two different Clarendonians compilations. I highly recommend both.

Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya, Man!- Public Enemy
This rocks!

Deaf Ears- Todd Rundgren w/Trent Reznor

I wanted this collab to be better. It should have been better. But, I've come around and now like it a lot more than I did when I first heard it.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow- Joe Walsh
I've had this in my iTunes library for years and somehow never managed to hear it until this week. I love Joe. Who doesn't love Joe? He pulls this one off.

Back To The Wall- Steve Earle

I mentioned last week, somewhere, that I thought "The Low Highway" was Steve Earle's best record. "Copperhead Head" is right behind it. This is from that.

6 comments:

steve simels said...

Can’t wait to hear the Joe Walsh.

Anonymous said...

You've posted a number of Clarendonian songs over the past year or so and I loved them all. Is there a vinyl release that you would recommend?

I've really enjoyed most of the songs from Todd's two recent collaboration albums, but I'm ready for a solo LP. A nice piano-based sound would be nice change.

Thanks for the mix!

Randy

Sal Nunziato said...

Randy,
This is the one, the only one:
https://www.discogs.com/master/563330-The-Clarendonians-The-Best-Of-The-Clarendonians

The other is streamable.

Sal Nunziato said...

So apparently a few hundred views of today's post and no mention of my typo.
The Steve Earle record is "Copperhead Road" not "Copperhead Head."
Are we not reading? Surely, some of you are anal enough to correct me.

Noel M said...

Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya, Man! is a hilarious title ... looking forward to it just based on that.

And usually, yeh, my eye spots typos, but not when a song title like the aforementioned is grabbin' me attention.

dogbreath said...

Can't remember Joe Walsh doing that one, so big thanks for the inclusion in the SOTW. And I would have been pedantic enough to point out the typo, if I'd looked at the blog sooner than today. Drat! Missed an opportunity for rampant pedantry. Cheers!