My entry for Day Four...
Jailbird - Primal Scream (from the original Memphis recordings)
Don't let's forget us oldies ... ya gotta dance with the one what brung you. How about The Stones & Satisfaction
No Man’s Land- Fred Pellberg* I have no idea who this is or remember putting it in my library. Thunderous, righteous rock and roll.
MC5 - Baby Won’t Ya
Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind
"California Man" - The Move
'Devil with a Blue Dress' – Mitch Ryder & the Detroit WheelsFee-fee-fi-fi-fo-fo-fum!
The Girl Can’t Help It-Little RichardMike
Precious - Pretenders- Paul in DK
Ram Jam- Black Betty
Once Bitten Twice Shy - Ian Hunter (it rocks from 1:48 !)
Inbetweener by Sleeper love this woman’s voice
Under My Wheels - Alice Cooper
Harmony In My Head - Buzzcocks
"Stop Breaking Down" - The Rolling StonesCaptain Al
Cool Metro -- David Johansen
Crying Waiting Hoping (Buddy Holly) (1959)
You Really Got Me -- Mott The Hoople
Syd Straw - CBGB’s
Ry Cooder - Ridin' With The BluesRandy
Time Bomb High School – Reigning SoundFinch
Lou Reed-The Blue Mask
Hothouse Flowers -- "I'm Sorry"
Dion - Runaround Sue (1961)Blake
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Jump On It by Montrose
Living Colour - Desperate People
Tears for Fears - Shout
At the Hop by Danny and the Juniorsrs
Keep Your Hnads Off Of It! (Birthday Cake) - Jerry Lee Lewis
Shirley MacLaine—The Jazz Butcher
I heard this song at the gym this morning and was reminded how much it rocks!
Circus of Power - Letters Home
Yeh Yeh - Georgie Fame
Oscar Levant-- Barrence Whitfield & The Savages
Reef: Place your hands
Elvis Costello - "Lover's Walk"
Got to Find a Better Way Home - Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
The Song that launched a Thousand BandsJohnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry, 1958I scoured the past week lists, don't think I missed it
Shout Bamalama - Otis Redding
Hate To Say I Told You So- The Hives
"Heart of the City" RockpileBob in IL
Animal - Def Leppard
I'm going to pile on with another Van Hagar song -- "5150". Number 5 is going to be hard to pick between my remaining candidates...
Rock of All Ages by Badfinger (was the b-side of Come and Get it)
Lammping - Desert On The Keel(this is valis)
I don’t wanna hang up my rock and roll shoes (the band, bruce, mcphatter(?)
Respect>the Rationals
Sal, happy to see Robert Palmer recognized. I came to him late, '82 through Sneaking ...Pressure Drop. Pretty good band when you have Lowell George
4th of July X by way of Dave Alvin
Pretty Vacant by The Sex Pistols
Never Mind the Bullocks - still a Desert Island Disc for this 75 year old. Had tickets for their last US show. 🥴
Who do you love. Bo Diddley
Never Been Any Reason - Head East
California - Social Distortion
I Got A Line On You - Spirit
Pushin' Too Hard - The Seeds
Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix
"Over the Moon" - Marty Stuart. Surf Rock lives, thanks to his 2025 album, Space Junk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVM81DOm1Y
If We Can't Escape My Pretty - Nic ArmstrongP'cola Gerry
Thin Lizzy - Emerald (Live Version)
Wet Willie - Red Hot Chicken from Drippin Wet
AC-DC - If You Want Blood (You've Got It).felipe.
Slow - The Reverend Horton Heat
reminds me of a Moon Mullins rocker
Day Six (Sat) ::Watusi Rodeo- Guadalcanal Diary
Day Five (Fri)
"The Dream" by The Oh SeesIf you're not familiar with this band, or if you know them but haven't heard this song, prepare to have your mind completely blown
genial, Watusi Rodeo. Un saludo. felipe.
Post a Comment
69 comments:
Jailbird - Primal Scream (from the original Memphis recordings)
Don't let's forget us oldies ... ya gotta dance with the one what brung you.
How about The Stones & Satisfaction
No Man’s Land- Fred Pellberg
* I have no idea who this is or remember putting it in my library. Thunderous, righteous rock and roll.
MC5 - Baby Won’t Ya
Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind
"California Man" - The Move
'Devil with a Blue Dress' – Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels
Fee-fee-fi-fi-fo-fo-fum!
The Girl Can’t Help It-Little Richard
Mike
Precious - Pretenders
- Paul in DK
Ram Jam- Black Betty
Once Bitten Twice Shy - Ian Hunter (it rocks from 1:48 !)
Inbetweener by Sleeper love this woman’s voice
Under My Wheels - Alice Cooper
Harmony In My Head - Buzzcocks
"Stop Breaking Down" - The Rolling Stones
Captain Al
Cool Metro -- David Johansen
Crying Waiting Hoping (Buddy Holly) (1959)
You Really Got Me -- Mott The Hoople
Syd Straw - CBGB’s
Ry Cooder - Ridin' With The Blues
Randy
Time Bomb High School – Reigning Sound
Finch
Lou Reed-The Blue Mask
Hothouse Flowers -- "I'm Sorry"
Dion - Runaround Sue (1961)
Blake
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Jump On It by Montrose
Living Colour - Desperate People
Tears for Fears - Shout
At the Hop by Danny and the Juniors
rs
Keep Your Hnads Off Of It! (Birthday Cake) - Jerry Lee Lewis
Shirley MacLaine—The Jazz Butcher
I heard this song at the gym this morning and was reminded how much it rocks!
Circus of Power - Letters Home
Yeh Yeh - Georgie Fame
Oscar Levant-- Barrence Whitfield & The Savages
Reef: Place your hands
Elvis Costello - "Lover's Walk"
Got to Find a Better Way Home - Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
The Song that launched a Thousand Bands
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry, 1958
I scoured the past week lists, don't think I missed it
Shout Bamalama - Otis Redding
Hate To Say I Told You So- The Hives
"Heart of the City" Rockpile
Bob in IL
Animal - Def Leppard
I'm going to pile on with another Van Hagar song -- "5150". Number 5 is going to be hard to pick between my remaining candidates...
Rock of All Ages by Badfinger (was the b-side of Come and Get it)
Lammping - Desert On The Keel
(this is valis)
I don’t wanna hang up my rock and roll shoes (the band, bruce, mcphatter(?)
Respect>the Rationals
Sal, happy to see Robert Palmer recognized. I came to him late, '82 through Sneaking ...Pressure Drop. Pretty good band when you have Lowell George
4th of July X by way of Dave Alvin
Pretty Vacant by The Sex Pistols
Never Mind the Bullocks - still a Desert Island Disc for this 75 year old. Had tickets for their last US show. 🥴
Who do you love. Bo Diddley
Never Been Any Reason - Head East
California - Social Distortion
I Got A Line On You - Spirit
Pushin' Too Hard - The Seeds
Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix
"Over the Moon" - Marty Stuart. Surf Rock lives, thanks to his 2025 album, Space Junk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVM81DOm1Y
If We Can't Escape My Pretty - Nic Armstrong
P'cola Gerry
Thin Lizzy - Emerald (Live Version)
Wet Willie - Red Hot Chicken from Drippin Wet
AC-DC - If You Want Blood (You've Got It).
felipe.
Slow - The Reverend Horton Heat
reminds me of a Moon Mullins rocker
Day Six (Sat) ::
Watusi Rodeo- Guadalcanal Diary
Day Five (Fri)
"The Dream" by The Oh Sees
If you're not familiar with this band, or if you know them but haven't heard this song, prepare to have your mind completely blown
genial, Watusi Rodeo. Un saludo. felipe.
Post a Comment