I posted that song on Facebook under the subject "Covers That Are Better Than The Originals; An Occasional Series," and my Dylan fanatic friend commented "I like Dylan's better." WRONG!
Completely unrelated but worth noting: Today, 10/10, John Prine would have turned 80. Drink a toast (vodka an' ginger ale!) to one of the all-time greats.
Please don’t bury me Down in the cold cold ground No, I'd druther have 'em cut me up And pass me all around Throw my brain in a hurricane And the blind can have my eyes And the deaf can take both of my ears If they don't mind the size
6 comments:
That Fairport track may be my all time favorite Dylan cover.
That was me. Sorry.😎
I posted that song on Facebook under the subject "Covers That Are Better Than The Originals; An Occasional Series," and my Dylan fanatic friend commented "I like Dylan's better." WRONG!
I think the Dylan original is one of his greatest tracks ever, but Fairport still rules.
Completely unrelated but worth noting: Today, 10/10, John Prine would have turned 80. Drink a toast (vodka an' ginger ale!) to one of the all-time greats.
Please don’t bury me
Down in the cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have 'em cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size
RIP John
Post a Comment