Monday, October 13, 2008

TODD RUNDGREN: Live In Tarrytown



Todd Rundgren's performance at the Tarrytown Music Hall this past Saturday night added a much needed reinforcement to our relationship. If it wasn't the 100th time I've seen him live since 1975, it was very close and this show rivaled the best of those classic shows from Central Park's Wollman Rink & The Bottom Line after a very uneven 15 year patch of live dates.

You can read the full review HERE at The Huffington Post, or check out some footage shot by Gordon Willis, above. (OK, I shot the video. It's in Un-Fi.) Stills courtesy of me, except for the shot of me from the Utopia show at Pier 82 in 1982. I don't remember who took that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you drank the Kool-Aid! You know the new album is pedestrian at best regardless of the production values. The songs are weak. With the exception of the guitar playing and sound here and there it was enormously disappointing. Maybe there was something in the air at the concert that softened you up but after repeated listens I just don't get it. He's in my top 5 of all time but he hasn't put out anything listenable in quite a while