Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Christmas Gift For You




Though not quite getting the same amount of airplay in my childhood household as Sergio Franchi's "Panis Angelicus" or Lou Monte's "Dominick The Donkey," it's safe to say "A Christmas Gift For You," or what is more affectionately referred to as Phil Spector's Christmas Album" is one of the most beloved records of all time.

The Wall Of Sound was made for this collection of tunes, and nothing prior has ever sounded so joyous. But how many of you have heard this classic in glorious stereo? Taken from a very rare CD I found in a trunk in the basement of the Emperor Of Japan's house, here is "A Christmas Gift To You" in Stereo.

Trust me on this, you non-believers.

ZIP FILE

4 comments:

steve simels said...

When this got reissued in the mid-70s, whatever label it was one sent it to reviewers with a little button, like the one Spector was wearing on the new cover photo, that said "Back to Mono."

It was my most cherished possession for years, along with my original "Moby Grape Now" button.

Both now lost in the mists of time, alas...

Noam Sane said...

It's quadrophonic or nothing for me.

FD13NYC said...

Great zip Sal! Sounds great through the ear phones. I don't think I ever heard it in stereo before. BRAVO!!

charlie c. said...

Missed this one . . .