Thursday, April 1, 2010

Peter Wolf & Shelby Lynne and A Perfect Pop Record


Next week, Peter Wolf's first album in eight years finally gets released, and man, it's a doozy. I've been listening to this baby consistently for a month now, and I can't gush enough.

I wrote a little something about it for the Huffington Post, which also included a short film on the making of "Midnight Souvenirs." You can check that out HERE.

In the meantime, just dig in to the first single. It's a duet with Shelby Lynne, and it's why car radios were invented.


TRAGEDY

7 comments:

Eric said...

Peter Wolf aka Mr.Faye Dunaway----geils tore it up though love stinks caused me to exit their fold...the Joe Franklin appearances are classic though.

FD13NYC said...

Good song Sal. Nice to see the Wolf back again. Sounds like this one's gonna be a real doozy, I like this stuff. Can't wait to hear the rest of it (hint hint)

Anonymous said...

Amazing song, Sal. I can totally hear Mick Jagger and Bonnie Raitt doing this one in, say, 1978. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album! I'll thank you now!

Roy Bivins

Anonymous said...

Great! Can't wait for the album. What are your top "Easter Themed" songs?

Sal Nunziato said...

That would have been an "egg-sellent" idea for tomorrow's Weekend Mix. But hopefully you will enjoy what I already have planned.

DeepKarma said...

Tasty cut. Thanks for sharing. Also, love the new site wallpaper.

Ken D said...

Really looking forward to this album. Thanks for the taste, Sal.
Wolf's website says he's appearing on Jimmy Fallon's show on 4/5 (long after my bedtime) but says nothing about shows in support of the new record. Seems odd, no?