Tuesday, June 29, 2010
If It's Tuesday, It Must Be Street Date: 6/29/10
ALEJANDRO ESCOVEDO- STREET SONGS OF LOVE
Nobody doesn't like Alejandro E. And nobody has been as consistent as Escovedo, delivering yet another kick-ass record, full of heart and sweat and hooks and balls.
JOHN FOGERTY - CENTERFIELD (25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)
Some celebration! 2 lame bonus tracks are added to "Centerfield" in honor of this record's 25th anniversary, "My Toot Toot" and "I Confess." That's it.
INDIGO GIRLS- STARING DOWN THE BRILLIANT DREAM
These two chicks have been getting under my skin since day one. I just don't get it. To me, they are the musical equivalent of Dane Cook. I hear their songs and consistently ask myself, "Did they just say that? Did they think that was clever?" This is another 2 CD live set, coming 15 years after their first 2 CD live set, "1200 Curfews." Have I mentioned how I just don't get it?
ROBBY KRIEGER- SINGULARITY
I guess there are some people out there who care about this Door. I really don't. Never did. Love the first album. Enjoyed Ray and Robby on "Live From Daryl's House." This? Meh. (I listened just so I could say "Meh.") It's kind of snoozy and all over the place. He wants to be Al DiMeola or Craig Chaquico or something. Bad production, too. I swear I heard hiss.
THE WALLFLOWERS- LOOKING THROUGH YOU-ANOTHER COLLECTION
Stray tracks from various soundtracks, singles and tributes are gathered together for this *timely* collection. If it had the "One Headlight" duet with Bruce Springsteen from that MTV thing, I would have spent the bucks . But of course, the more favorable "U.S. Radio Edit" made the cut instead.
2. I'm Looking Through You
3. The Beautiful Side Of Somewhere (acoustic version with strings)
4. Lawyers Guns And Money
5. Just One Breath Away
6. I Started A Joke
7. Into The Mystic
8. Nothing To See Here
9. 6th Avenue Heartache (acoustic version)
10. Sleepwalker (Andy Wallace mix)
11. (What's So Funny `bout) Peace, Love And Understanding (acoustic version)
12. One Headlight (U.S. radio edit)
JIMMY WEBB- JUST ACROSS THE RIVER
Some heavy friends show up for the party in honor of this legendary songwriter. Jimmy Webb revisits the hits with Lucinda Williams, Willile Nelson, Vince Gill, Glen Campbell, Jackson Browne and Billy Joel. (Uh-oh. Hide the china.)
1. 'Oklahoma Nights' featuring Vince Gill
2. 'Wichita Lineman' featuring Billy Joel
3. 'If You See Me Getting Smaller' featuring Willie Nelson
4. 'Galveston' featuring Lucinda Williams
5. 'P.F. Sloan' featuring Jackson Browne
6. 'By the Time I Get to Phoenix' featuring Glen Campbell
7. 'Cowboy Hall of Fame'
8. 'Where Words End' featuring Michael McDonald
9. 'Highwayman' featuring Mark Knopfler
10. 'I Was Too Busy Loving You' featuring J.D. Souther
11. 'It Won't Bring Her Back'
12. 'Do What You Gotta Do'
13. 'All I Know' featuring Linda Ronstadt
AMAZON DOWNLOAD--JUST $3.99
ALSO OUT THIS WEEK
PETER CASE -WIG
JACKIE GREENE- TILL THE LIGHT COMES
JACKSON 5- LIVE AT THE FORUM
SCISSOR SISTERS - NIGHT WORK